Got over 5 million “The Late Show” viewers laughing, increased awareness among two industries, resulting in a backlog of orders.
Launched in 2013, Relay Robotics, (formerly Savioke) is a leading supplier of
autonomous service robots that work safely, securely, reliably, and contact-free across
healthcare, hospitality, and other service-oriented industries. They have completed
more than 1,400,000 deliveries worldwide.
Facing much larger competitors, Relay Robotics needed to leverage its superior technology into much broader distribution in order to survive before, during, and after the outbreak of COVID-19.
In 2021, upon receiving its latest capital infusion, the company hired SGD Advertising to launch a marketing campaign to introduce its newest Relay model to the Hospitality and Healthcare industries. Using advanced, proprietary, autonomous technology, this service robot can call and ride elevators independently, complete hospitality room service deliveries, and shuttle medical and pharmaceutical supplies in healthcare facilities in 10 minutes or less.
First, before launching an email campaign targeting hotel managers and ownership groups, we shot and edited new footage for a landing page linked to each email message that featured a video demonstration of Relay riding elevators and making deliveries. We followed up with a similar campaign to hospital and healthcare administrators.
Second, the email campaign was conceived to address four pain points for the target audience:
- A personnel shortage in both industries due to changes in the workforce because of COVID-19
- The need to boost revenues as hotels reopened after surviving the shock of the pandemic
- The need to supplement hospital staffs to enable them to work at the top of their license
- Generating positive reviews and ratings for hotels to regain their stature and reputations during trying times
This was followed by another round of emails that featured hotel general managers in peer-to-peer communications to other GMs. These communications included how Relay robots respond in minutes, day and night, to Alexa and WhatsApp AI requests for deliveries that double, or even triple, room service revenues.
Next, we created over a dozen case studies, 25 application briefs and data sheets, miscellaneous sales materials, and more than 30 blogs to highlight the benefits of Relay delivery robots.
Fourth, a public relations campaign was initiated with a series of 15 press releases, followed by outreach from our publicist to local radio and TV stations, as well as tech, hospitality, and healthcare reporters to create a tidal wave of stories.
- Brand Positioning
- Name Generation
- Public Relations
- Logo Design
- Website Redesign
- Email Marketing
- Landing Pages
- Social Media
- White Papers
- Trade Print Ads
- Collateral Materials
- Client Interviews
- Emails open rates of 4.87% to 7.18% that created hundreds of leads for the sales team
- After an KGO-TV ABC7 SF story that we placed was picked up by national media, “The Late Show” with Stephen Colbert featured our client in his opening monologue, seen by over 5 million people, including new clients who placed orders
- Stories appeared on NewsNation Now, Localish, Fox Business News, Worklife, Voice of America, Hotel Technology, AARP, Business Insider, Digiday Media, CSM Times, Mudanesia.com (in Malaysian), Mobile Robot Guide, Robot Report Podcast, plus many more
- The success of the PR campaign transitioned from SGD telling the Relay Robotics story to the news media telling it for us
- Among thousands of hotel guest reviews on social media, one posted a video that generated over 250,000 impressions on platforms like TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook
Case Studies | Hospitality
Case Studies | Healthcare
PR | Social Media | Talk Shows
Trade Show Banners
“SGD has done outstanding work. From crafting the messaging,
to creating the materials, to executing a great PR campaign which
generated local, national, and international media interest,
SGD has been a great partner for our business. They even got us
featured on ‘The Late Show’ with Stephen Colbert,
helping take us to the next level”